Here is a list of some of the additions fans can expect in time for the home opener against the Minnesota Wild on October 11.
In addition to new affordable ticket packages and family-friendly entertainment, the Senators have made a number of changes to their food service and other element of the in-game experience.
- Golden Palace egg rolls - the new official egg roll of Scotiabank Place- will now be available at Club-level concessions, in Club seats and in suites.
- The Burger Shack, with two locations in the main food courts on the 200 level, offers specialty burgers made fresh with 100 per cent Ontario beef on toasted buns, gourmet "forum-style" hot dogs with a variety of toppings, including corn relish and chili, as well as sea-salt-seasoned french fries.
- The Molson Canadian Brew Pub (formerly the Hockey Country Lodge located upstairs at Section 223) has been renovated and given a fresh look.
- Hot dogs will be served fresh off roller grills at all concession stands around the building, as well as several other new menu items at Scotiabank Place restaurants.
- A revamped Sens Store, powered by Reebok, with almost 1,800 square feet of retail space (three times larger than last season) will be open to fans.
- Scotiabank Place has also received a facelift, with new 20th anniversary-inspired signage on the front of the main gates, as well as player collages at both the Gate 2 and Gate 3 fan entrances.
- Single game tickets for all regular season games go on sale today at 10:00 AM!
While none of these are huge changes, it's great to see the club showing a commitments to improving the experience for fans. Another post coming later on this afternoon that will include some info on this weekend's rookie camp.
Led by Binghamton Head Coach Kurt Kleinendorst, the Sens rookies will play their first game against the Pittsburgh Penguins in a 2:00 PM start that can be seen on Rogers 22 or heard live on the Team 1200.
The team skated for the first time this morning and here is how they lined up.
- Puempel-Da Costa-Stone
The line up has a ton of skill on all lines and it will be extremely interesting to see how they gel together. This rookie camp will be big for a guy like Zibanejad in particular as he attempts to show that he is ready to join the big club as early as this season.
Everyone will have an eye on that top pairing of Cowen and Rundblad. Both guys are expected to push for jobs with the big club and should be able to dominate on this stage.
Borowiecki is another guy that could shine in this tournament. Any time a member of the Sens management speaks, they mention this guy. He has come a long way since they signed him out of College and he will turn some heads in the month leading up to the start of the regular season.